See Say Do Something

Final Red Folder Red Folder 2013

Campus Safety Awareness Campaign

UC Santa Cruz is committed to a safe, supportive learning and working environment for all members of the campus community. Campus safety is our top priority, and we take all threats of violence seriously to protect everyone’s health and well-being. 

Preventing violence on campus depends on UCSC community members identifying and communicating behaviors of concern—early identification of concerns allows administrators and staff to provide resources to students in distress to minimize harm to self or others. You can help by being aware of your surroundings on campus and reporting any unusual activity from people. We are all responsible for safety. If you see something, say and do something about it—report any concerning behavior and suspicious activity.

If you are thinking about suicide or are worried about a friend or loved one, please reach out to the following confidential 24/7 hotlines:

National Suicide Hotline (800)273-8255
Suicide Prevention Service of Santa Cruz County (831)458-5300

How to Report Concerning Behavior/Situations

Santa Cruz Police
Immediate emergency
Campus Police
(831) 459-2231
Slug Support Program
Refer for students needing support with basic needs such as food and housing, or assistance with other resources or advocacy
(831) 459-4446
Counseling and Psychological Services
Referral/consult for mental health concerns
(831) 459-2628
After-Hours Crisis Services
Mon-Fri 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.; 24 hours on weekends and holidays
(831) 459-2628
Dean of Students Office
Consult for all student concerns
(831) 459-4446

Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

        Report Hate/Bias concerns

(831) 459-1590

Hate/Bias Incident Report Form

» More contacts

Assisting Students in Distress

  • If you are concerned about the immediate health and safety of the student or in life-threatening situations, call 911 or campus police (831-459-2231).
  • Call the Slug Support Program line (831-459-4446when: you need to refer students who need support with basic needs such as food and housing, or assistance with other resources or advocacy.  
  • Contact Counseling & Psychological Services (831-459-2628) to refer a student for services or consult with professionals about students’ mental health concerns. There is an after-hours service available at night and on weekends for crisis assessment, consultation, and intervention.
  • Use other campus resources for student referrals and consultations or call another contact for help.
See Say Do Something